One day there was an assassination attempt on the life of St Josemaria Escriva the founder of “The Work of God.” As Josemaria was climbing some steps through a busy crowd a man came towards him with knife intent on killing him. Suddenly it seemed, out of nowhere, another large man passed in front of him and disarmed the man with the knife. Josemaria did not recognise either of the men but as the assailant was led away, the other tall man came over to Josemaria and whispered in his ear “you mangey donkey” Josemaria immediately knew then who this man was: it was his Guardian Angel. You see each day in his prayers to God, Josemaria would ask God to look after his “mangey donkey” referring to himself. He had done this all his adult life but had never told a living soul.
Please follow & like us :)
Popular This Week
- St Anthony and the Mule (A Eucharistic Miracle)
- The Ragged Old Man (A beautiful and honest story)
- Doctor gave Mother chance to terminate baby without risk to her health
- Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
- The 15 Promises of Our Lady to those who Pray the Rosary
- The Righteous Man Falls Seven Times, And Rises Again (Proverbs 24:16)
- St. John Bosco and the mysterious dog who protected him
- Prisoner of Love
- The Beggar and Pope John Paul II
- Two U.S. Marines Saved By St Michael
Recommended Christian Sites