One day there was an assassination attempt on the life of St Josemaria Escriva the founder of “The Work of God.” As Josemaria was climbing some steps through a busy crowd a man came towards him with knife intent on killing him. Suddenly it seemed, out of nowhere, another large man passed in front of him and disarmed the man with the knife. Josemaria did not recognise either of the men but as the assailant was led away, the other tall man came over to Josemaria and whispered in his ear “you mangey donkey” Josemaria immediately knew then who this man was: it was his Guardian Angel. You see each day in his prayers to God, Josemaria would ask God to look after his “mangey donkey” referring to himself. He had done this all his adult life but had never told a living soul.
Please follow & like us :)
Popular This Week
- Healing Miracles of The Shroud of Turin
- The Old Monk’s Gift – A beautiful short story
- Litany of the Pierced Side of Christ
- The Praying Hands and more
- The Miracle of St Dominic’s Trial by Fire.
- On the Primacy of Peter and his Successor the Bishops of Rome
- The Ragged Old Man (A beautiful and honest story)
- The Sounds of Heaven
- On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary
- It Matters To Me About You
Recommended Christian Sites