I have heard two little stories recently with the same theme so I thought I would share their lesson: A woman sees two dogs walk into a room, one comes out happy and wagging his tail, the other comes out angry and barking. She could not understand what could be in the room that would make one dog so happy and the other very angry, so she went in to see. Upon entering the room she saw only a mirror. You see the happy dog saw only a happy dog greeting him with a wagging tail, but the angry dog saw his own aggressive image which made him more angry.
The second story was about a stranger coming into a village he had not been to before. He saw a wise man sitting at the village gate and asked him if the village was a nice place to visit. The old man asked, “what was the last village like that you passed through?” The man replied that it was a nice place, full of good people. The wise old man said, “then you will find this much the same.” Later, another stranger came to visit the village. He too stopped to ask the old man if the village was a nice place. “What was the last village like that you passed through?” Questioned the old man. “Oh it was terrible,” replied the stranger, “Full of miserable, mean, people who would not help anyone.” The old man looked up at the stranger and said, “You will find it just the same here!”
You see the world that each of us see is just a reflection of our ourselves, we receive back only what we give out.
Please follow & like us :)
Popular This Week
- The Christmas Truce of 1914
- The Ragged Old Man (A beautiful and honest story)
- The Beggar and Pope John Paul II
- The Miracle Conversion of Bruno Cornacchiola, The Man Who Wanted To Kill The Pope
- The Key To A Joyful Life
- The Miracle of St Dominic’s Trial by Fire.
- “Jesus cured my drug addiction and helped me get my life together.”
- St. John Bosco and the mysterious dog who protected him
- Place Your Mind Before The Mirror Of Eternity
- The Boy With The Terrible Sadness
Recommended Christian Sites