One day as a small opening appeared on a cocoon, a man sat for several hours watching the butterfly struggle to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had got as far as could and it could go no farther. So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily, but it had a swollen body and small, shrivelled wings. He thought that the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time. Neither happened in fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shrivelled wing. It never was able to fly. What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricted cocoon and the struggle required by the butterfly to get through the tiny opening was nature’s way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings. Then the butterfly would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.
Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were allowed to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as what we could be. We could never fly… (Author unknown to me)
Please follow & like us :)
Popular This Week
- St Anthony and the Mule (A Eucharistic Miracle)
- The Ragged Old Man (A beautiful and honest story)
- Doctor gave Mother chance to terminate baby without risk to her health
- Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
- The 15 Promises of Our Lady to those who Pray the Rosary
- The Righteous Man Falls Seven Times, And Rises Again (Proverbs 24:16)
- St. John Bosco and the mysterious dog who protected him
- Prisoner of Love
- The Beggar and Pope John Paul II
- Two U.S. Marines Saved By St Michael
Recommended Christian Sites